Sunday 27 January 2008

Flash Workshop #1

I've always been aware of Flash and it's uses in animating as i'm online 79.3% of the time and Flash seems to be very popular with the online community as a quick and easy way to create animations in your home, but I've never really been a fan of it. Apart from a very small percentage of Flash animations, i've never really enjoyed the style. Mainly because of the overuse of the pen (i think?) tool, and the way in which it seemingly ignores the stroke that you've just drawn and decides to make it look however it pleases. Due to this I never really bothered to use it at all, and didn't really look forward to the session. However, to my surprise I found the session to be much more enjoyable than i'd previously expected.

After a reasonably short and sweet introduction to the program by Andy, we were pretty much left to our own devices. At this stage with my previous mindset towards flash I may have just nipped off home, but I found myself getting caught up in the program and made a little animation of a winged man falling off a cliff, which I don't think I saved or I would've uploaded it. The session's changed my outlook on Flash as a program, and I'll happily use it in the future for my animating needs.

No comments: