Sunday 25 November 2007

Angry Man.

This angry man was the first animation that I made on the course that required me to put a lot of effort into (Missed the jumping man, whoops). I enjoyed the challenge, trying to make all the actions that the character performed to have some sort of anger contained in them, but I found myself battling with the tedium more than the technical aspect towards the end. I think I probably spend too long and put too much effort into each drawing. When we were shown everyones animations together it seemed that the line quality and anything else that I tend to obsess over slightly is almost completely invisible in the final work, but still I find it really difficult to loosen up and go without. I'm still more of an illustrator than an animation for sure.

I thought my final outcome was okay, not brilliant. I really need more experience in the timing of the actions, and to learn some of the secrets of animating. Along with pushing my concentration span as well. The animation would have benefited greatly if i had just tested it every once in a while, but as time got on i just wanted to get it done. With my next animation i'll definitely test it as I go, I can't expect to get it right the first time. Not yet at least.

Will try to get my animation up in this space when I can.

1 comment:

Andy Wyatt said...

Coming from an illustration background, it is always hard to get your head around animation. You are now having to do hundreds of drawings that pass our eyes in a fraction of a second, and it isn't even the drawing we are looking at, its this thing you have made come alive. Do you find animation frustrating?