Sunday 25 November 2007

Character interaction.

This seemed like a really fun animation to try out, making the expressionless characters interact quite explicitly sounded like quite a challenge and something I thought I may be able to do well with. I already found myself doing things quite differently just because of my experience with the last animation, such as only sketching down the items in the picture that are moving. Why waste time sketching things for no reason? I can just do that at the end with my black pencil. I was really grateful not having to sketch a stupid door every frame, too. I think I've improved very slightly with my timing since the last animation too, at least I've learned some things like with jumping to show the highest point rather than just imply it... If you follow.

Okay just fucked my blog up because of bad html that was actually faces, so this paragraph died.

EDIT: Today I finished the animation. Well, all but going over it in black pencil, and i'm quite pleased with the result. The fluidity is much better than my previous piece, and I think the characters interact reasonably well. I ended up cutting out a large piece of the animation which I would've liked to have put in because I thought it would be too time-consuming (and I was right) but apart from that pretty large hitch, everything went pretty well. I would have liked to have spent longer on it, but i've learned from the experience and next time i'll do it properly.

1 comment:

Andy Wyatt said...

I must see your finished work. Make sure you show it to me or put it up on your blog. How do you think it has imoproved since your last piece?