Tuesday 3 June 2008

stuff

Time for an update, I think. So yesterday was the third(?) day of intense flash animation for me and... I didn't like it. I was sick of flash already and found myself getting increasingly frustrated with it, not necessarily for a certain reason but I was in a bad mood with it. I kept going though, and I'm actually very pleased with the results. I did the scene where the guy is swallowed by the book, and even though I had to deal with nasty camera angles/movements and perspective, I did it and looking at it today i like it. I think that's the thing with flash and other 2D animating stuff, you fiddle around drawing a million drawings and nudge them along in tiny incriments, clearly punishing yourself horribly because you hate yourself or something, then in the end you get a lovely moving thing.

Yeah so I hated it yesterday, I wondered why I was doing this when I would much rather be keyframing some model that was already made and didn't need me to draw out every single frame. And I'm not sure whether it's the rewarding feeling I got from looking at the scene this morning, or the fact i'm listening to my favourite band whilst doing today's scene, or maybe because I haven't done anything complicated today, but by some freak brain accident I've actually been enjoying it and am considering doing some animating in my own time??!??? It feels therapeutic, helps forget my hangover.

I just tried to make a movie of my last scene but I'm not sure how, so I won't upload it, but here's a crappy mockup of how the final thing will look to make my blog more beautiful:

No comments: