Monday 2 March 2009

Just a quick Robots post

Here are a few designs from our new and exciting project. We (Me, Andy, Sam, Dan and Sean) are taking on 'That's because you're a robot'. HUGE undertaking but anyway, I don't have time to chat. Here are just the designs that I've done this far.

These are my first real attempts at designing the characters, in short I believe their bodies are way too detailed, and the black guy's face is a bit boring and probably too detailed also. I do like how the tough guy has a square head and the black guy has a spherical one, seems sort of iconic. Easy to distinguish blahblah. Basically all I like here is that and the white guy's face.



This is another doodle of the white guy, with a little side crud thingy, and some more doodles. (I've run out of sketchbook btw lolz). Anyway, I sort of like the body but the face isn't so great. Also, I want the tough guy to have a disproportionately large upper body.



Some black guy portraits. These one's i'm pretty happy with. He looks smooth, has personality, and is sort of quirky and I like that. Seem to be able to make a decent angry face as well. Indicative of the modeling necessary (oh noes :///)



Yeah gotta go. Will make a large post later about this and the literature balls.

No comments: