Friday 9 October 2009

Ello ello!

Yessssssss, keeping up my routine (H). So what's been happening this week? Well I finished the Nerds, including a background which took far longer than it should have, and i've also managed to clean up all of the other pictures :D The laptop ones you know, and they look much better with nice finished backgrounds. Just finished the Brawlers a minute ago. Apart from that, nothing much else... although! Blogs aren't being graded anymore! I cannae believe it. Just as i'm getting back into it :( At least they will apparently count as a nice production report though, and if I maintain this blog throughout the year and submit it as a production report I would expect to get a first for that bit. I would be very angry if not. I enjoy this rambling anyway, so i'll keep it up.

little note for me so I don't forget: http://danielprimed.com/

So here are my workings from the week:



Finished nerdies.



Finished Businesspeople (or Lawyers?) Looking a little evil here... there was talk about turning them into badguys...



First finished version of the Brawlers, although I felt the background was a bit dark, so...



I lightened it up a little...



Then i plapped the word BRA WLE RS in the background, which I think looks pretty cool, although i'm not sure which version i'll eventually settle for. Thinking about making a little scroll or something too to put on all of the paintings for the character class names.

In other news, there's talk of me not actually making a finished film :/ Instead, I would be producing some beautiful fully animateable models, and also helping out on another student's film. This idea came about from a chat with Georg, because I really am giving myself one hell of a task if I want to fully realise the film I have in my head. I still believe (possibly wrongly) that I could do it... but the only thing i'm not sold on is the animating, and the story. I know I could make some really nice models if given the time, but then if I really push myself and do that, and end up having them playing out an awful script that noone cares about... would maybe even cheapen them. Perhaps it would be better simply to create the models. I'm gonna have a big think about it, perhaps test out a schedule and chat to the tutors and stuff and i'll get back to you :D I do feel like I would be sad to see the film go, but at the end of the day i'm not planning on becoming a film director or indie animator or any of that jazz. Right now it seems my area will be concepts or modeling, and I can hone these skills without creating a finished film (although I do feel that it would be quite a beneficial experience to see a film through from start to finish.) That's enough rambling anyway. I'll see you next week :]

1 comment: