Friday 19 June 2009

Final Post from Uni :o

Here's a quickie post to upload the last of the pictures i've created this week and say goodbye from Cornwall (to be swiftly followed by a hello from Wales). Here're the doodles.


Illustration thumbnails. May make a nice little illu for every class in the game depending on the time I allow myself... schedule is a bit sketchy, in two minds on how long to spend on concepts and painting but yeah. Barely worth uploading really. Just scribbles.


Mike Sketch, don't like it a whole lot, I tend to draw mike hit and miss. He looks a little too serious in this picture, although I knew I was doing it when I was drawing it. I'm drawing myself into a rut really, just wanted to be free and do what I wanted for a bit. Think i'm gonna give myself more freedom from now on, i'll be happier and i'm sure the project will benefit. Bit of a shitty scan.


Sketch of the emo/wicca/idunno character. Quite like this one actually, I like the character too. Shame he won't be in the film, I don't think he'd really give it much though. He's more of a moody cool character than a really energetic char that could lift the film another notch. May keep hold of him for the future though (yes, him lol. Quite girly looking I know.)


Finally a little doodle of the mascot. I like this guy. Might try to develop it further but I like the idea of animal armour. (Maybe he could have a set!!)

Apart from that I had a chat and some feedback from Andy and the Script writer etc. Was quite happy with it, what I got from it was to basically consolidate my ideas, if I want it to be set in the real world then just get rid of magic. But instead replace it with over exagerated real-life scenarios, e.g. The Poet can blow a ton of smoke from his cigarette to confuse the enemy/make him cough/whatever yaknow. I'm glad I was told this because now I can really start to focus on something. I think it may be tough making enough real life thingies interesting, but at least I know what I need to think about now. I'm really looking forward to it. Kind of running out of steam with the drawings atm :/ Keep getting distracted etc. Have a strange feeling in my stomach as well. Not really good but I reeeally have to try keep it up over the summer. I'll have plenty of time on my own at home anyway hopefully, So I should be able to churn some shit out. Alright that's enough. Goodbye Tremough for another 3 months. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: