Monday 15 June 2009

Stúf

Been away from the blog for about a week, half due to laziness (street fighter), but the other half of the time i've been roughing out a timetable for the next year. I don't have it with me but christ is my year going to be hectic. This compounded by the fact that we just saw a bunch of Goblines (sp?) stuff in the cinema and it's all bloody amazing. Damn those frogs. It just makes me want to make something of the same calibre even more, though. I think I can, it'll just take inhuman amounts of effort. I guess all I can do is try my best and hope I can pull it out of the bag. I think i'll need some people's help, as well though. Right now I have no supporters but we'll see...

For now here are most of the doodles i've collected since my last post:


Some doodles for a proposed Musician/Bard class for the game. I like the guy with the hair over his eyes but he'd be more of a reserved character type than I think i'd like for the musician. I think he should be a little wacky, wide-mouthed sort of guy so that he can rock out on geetar but jump about like an idiot playing the flute just as easily.


I like the girl on this page, she's pretty cute. Possibility for a female version of the emo looking guy I drew a while ago. Possibly the white mage girl but I still like the old thumb I did for her a little while ago.


Some stuff mainly for the cheerleader/brawler. Can't get the balance I want between pretty/sweet and crazy strength. Pretty weak sketches I think.


Horrible design page on my businessman. The nasty figure on the left was me getting used to my phat pencil, didn't go well. The faces are kind of amusing but at this moment I'm thinking I might go with a chinese/japanese businessman character instead. He's meant to be a tank. The tank takes the hits etc, and a popular tank class in the games I play is Ninja, therefore he'd be mainly evading hits instead of being a meatshield. This kind of lends itself to the Japanese heritage yaknow. I think it'd be quite amusing too. Something I feel is really important is making sure all of the classes have a unique silhouette/characteristic. Otherwise the game would just be weird and wouldn't work.


A better design page on me old Journalist. I'm sad to say the Journalist, (the guy that started the entire project) might be leaving us and evolving into a Poet. Simply because of the horrendously cheesy phrase I thought up 'A license to Quill'. So our uptight Journalist may be becoming a smoozy charming french poet. He'd be a damage dealer, posibiliy have some sort of charm/smoke abilities up his sleeves. I'm sorta digging him.

That'll do for now. See you soon =^_^=;;;

No comments: